Vannity Salon will be allowed to reopen under Phase 2 of North Carolina’s opening plan.
We are very excited to return to our jobs and begin taking care of your beauty needs. The way that we operate will have to change to ensure safety to our clients and our staff.
Your patience is appreciated as we have two months worth of missed appointments to sort through. This means a lot of phone calls and emails. We will honor cancelled appointments according to the date that they were cancelled to the best of our ability. If you can, please allow us to reach out to you. This may take several days. If you have any additional questions, or feel that maybe your appointment got lost in the shuffle, please do call us and leave a message. If your appointment did get cancelled, and you have not received a call by end of next week, please call us. We will have limited front desk support until that time.
There were several hundreds of appointments cancelled, so we will do all we can to reach out to everyone, but it will take some time.
Please keep in mind that we can only operate at 50% of our normal capacity. That means that even with working additional hours, we can only see so many clients in one day for now.
Many of the staff have child care and personal responsibilities that must be handled before returning to a full time schedule. We will be staggering our return dates to allow the ability to return when it is best for the service providers and their family.
Future appointments that were already pre booked will have to be adjusted. This may mean you get a cancellation notice. Do not worry. We have to make new appointments with time alloted for additional cleaning to accommodate the new guidelines.
If we have to change your start times and dates, please understand this is not our choice. We will make an alternate appointment to fit your needs as best we can. There will be situations where we must move your existing appointment to another day or time.
Here are some things you need to know about a safe and happy return to the salon.
- You will be emailed a health questionnaire form 48 hours before your appointment. You must complete this form before you can attend your appointment. If you have trouble filling it out, we can do a verbal questionnaire over the phone. Please use the online form when possible. We are going to need as much streamlining of these procedures as possible. If you do not have an email on file that you check with regularity, PLEASE update with your service provider when they call.
- If you do not fill out the questionnaire before your appointment, and we cannot reach you by phone, we reserve the right to cancel your service. This is subject to cancellation fees.
- All stylists will also be screened daily before beginning to provide services.
- Temperature checks will be done with a touch less thermometer upon check-in for your appointment.
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone to reduce the amount of people in the building throughout the day.
- Please come with limited personal belongings, phone, form of payment, etc.
- If possible, bring an ear-loop mask. The mask must be worn during the duration of your appointment, so it may get hair and color stain on it. Disposable masks may be preferred or designate one as your salon mask and just know it will be stained a little if you are a color client. We have a limited supply of masks here if you forget one. They will be $3
- Professional age adults and seniors will have priority booking for the time being.
- After check-in and temperature screening, you may wait in our lobby where the seating will be 6 feet apart or on our lovely porch. Do not head upstairs until your stylist is ready for you.
- It is ok to arrive slightly early to your appointment. If you are really early, please wait in your car until closer to your appointment time.
- We are delighted to catch up with you and to have our guest back in our chair. While we are working, we will be wearing masks. It is often very hot and difficult to talk while wearing them. Please understand that we may need to limit our conversation for now, especially in the shampoo area.
- At check out, you will have the option of keeping a card on file for future use and we can email you a receipt instead of printing one if you prefer. The card swiper has been moved to the front of the checkout area where you can swipe your own card. The swiper will be disinfected several times throughout the day. You can opt for a touchless checkout once we have your card information stored. There will be plexiglass at the front desk for everyone’s protection.
- All seating areas in the hair salon, including styling chairs will be at a minimum of 6 feet distance. Areas where that is not possible, will have plexiglass partitions.
- This is all new for us, so there will be kinks to work out. Let’s keep in mind how much kindness is appreciated during this transitional time.
Last, but not least, if you are not quite ready to visit your hair stylist yet, we completely understand. We will be happy to serve you when the time is right for you.
Simply let your stylist know when they reach out to reschedule you. Our biggest concern is your safety. We want you to be able to enjoy your visit without worry.
Please follow us on Instagram, Facebook for more updates. I will also try to do a video that will be posted to Vannity Salon’s Youtube page for people who hate reading more long emails!!
Thanks again for your patronage. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Travis Vann &
Vannity Salon Staff